Monday, August 16, 2010

What You Carry

My little sister, Amanda, is a biology major, and said something the other day that really made me think.

"Our bodies aren't built to carry extra weight."

Think about it--food is just fuel to get us through the day. Ages ago, people just ate so they could survive. We eat for all kinds of reasons nowadays, and some of those reasons are stupid. Our bodies were built to do certain functions, and the more fat you pack around the organs, the more your body has to deal with THAT instead of operating as the efficient machine that it is.

I know she's talking about an insane amount of extra weight (not sure about the exact numbers), but that still applies to me, I've decided. I can be a lot healthier and help my body out by allowing it to be the weight it wants.

It SUCKS SO HARD that the amount of food I need to eat is so darn LITTLE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment