Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weigh-In #2

Oops y'all!! I forgot yesterday and ran out of time, and I have several more excuses where that came from. That being said, what a fantastic week. I attribute my success to the multitude of exercising I did. I both ran AND hiked both Saturday and Sunday, and cardio is the fastest way for me to lose weight. It also reduces my anxiety/stress levels which can get pretty high.

So here we go:

Current weight: 132.5 (my scale operates on increments of half pounds)
Weight loss this week: 1 lb
Weight loss total: 1 lb
Starting weight: 133.5

Wahoo! I did it! I lost a pound! I feel like I could have done a lot of things better, but I did make better food choices last week. My downfall is candy, so in the evenings, I made a concerted effort to eat vegetables--mainly broccoli, both raw and boiled. I don't have a lot of interest in food variety or new tastes or fine dining, so it's fairly easy to do any of the diets that are suggested to me. They normally involve eggs, nuts, cottage cheese, fruit, vegetables, some lean meat, blah blah blah. It all tastes great to me, and the less I have to prepare, the better off I am.

My downfall is candy. It seems so innocent, but BAM it'll get me where it hurts. Also, I went to 2 parties this weekend, and drank all kinds of alcohol. Umm... not a great idea if you're trying to lose weight. I'm on a different, more focused train this week, so I better lose more than just a pound. I know one pound is pretty good, but I KNOW I can do better this week. Last week, my exercise was all jogging/hiking. This week, I'm going to change it to more grueling cardio videos with weights, and go to a couple of gym classes, which seriously kick my butt.

Also, in the good news column, I started dating someone new last week, and I still lost weight! How about that? Good job, Amy. Thank you, Amy. Boys don't have to change your life too much :P

No comments:

Post a Comment