Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Auditions and back to it in 2011

I had my first audition of 2011--for Best Buy! The casting office recognized me because I booked Purina there, so that was nice. She said, "Hey! We Taft Hartley'd you!" It feels good to be making connections!

I got used to auditions during the day and being called the day of to go in and read last year. It was stressful, but I felt it was always necessary to take the time off work. This year, it's back to being stressed, and trying to find a good balance between time in the office (which pays my bills), and time taken to go audition for national commercials that hopefully someday soon will pay my bills! The good news is that I've never had to turn down an audition, thanks to my awesome boss. Last year, I was averaging an audition or a call back 3-5 days out of the week, which is pretty awesome! I attribute that to my agency, Reign, and to my headshot, taken by www.claylarsen.com.

I'm expecting session fee checks (around $400 each after taxes/agency percentages) to come in soon (next week at the latest) from the two national commercials, and then it's just a waiting game to see if, when, and how much those commercials air, i.e. how much money I get paid :) It seems as if it could be anywhere from $0 to $50K. Either way, this is considered a really great step in my career.

As far as weight, the scale didn't lie yesterday; it wasn't a fluke. My scale read the same this morning which can only mean one thing: Weight Watchers works. I'm very excited to weigh in tomorrow and to lose more weight next week and the next and the next... then to set NEW goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment