Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mindset for Career, Creative Work, LIFE = Mindset for Weight Loss

I read a book last year called "It's Just a F*ing Date," by the same folks who wrote "He's just not that into you." The book finally let me know that I had to have confidence in myself and my life in order to have a relationship. People, not just men, are attracted to others who have their sh*t together. So I cleaned up, bought nicer outfits, started losing weight, hanging out with MY friends and treating myself right. Fastforward a few months, and now I have been with my current boyfriend for about 4 months. Hooray!

But it was just a mindset change--I finally believed in myself and believed that I could have a relationship... and I truly believed it; I didn't just tell myself I believed it (which is what I had done before).

Same with my career. I truly believe I am going to be a successful actor (paying my bills with acting gigs). I thought for a long time I couldn't have my day job AND pursue acting, but it's the opposite--my day job is paying for me to be able to pursue my acting career. The hours are SUUUUUUUUPER flexible, and I've helped my boss hire 2 other actors because "we [actors] sound better over the phone, and we give a good energy to the office." I can now say, I am a recruiter AND an actor, and I'm fine with that, and my boss is fine with that, and my acting friends are more than fine with that--they commend me for having a job to pay the bills!

So, all in all, I have a very happy life right now. I think it's because I believe I can have a happy life.

Know what would make me happier? Losing these last few pounds (especially losing a pound this week)! After about a month following this new program, I am confident and truly believe I can do this. I can't wait for the day when I wake up and weigh 125 lbs! It will be so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment